Breath (body) - stand straight with your arms on the sides of your body, palms open facing forward. Slow, long breath - inhale and exhale. Focus on the breath itself. You might go in and out of focus, but try to not judge yourself, just bring your focus back. Focus on air entering the body, imagine where it travels to, which parts it is entering. Remember the core, the center of your body. Absorb the environment while you inhale, give in return when you exhale.
(own conclusions) * Exhale: pain in the back of the neck.
Breath (Instrument/Viola) - see pictures bellow.
Starting position: right hand (holding bow) down next to right leg.
1.Inhale: bring hand up towards the strings.
2.Exhale: place right hand on strings.
3.Inhale: bring back down.
4.Exhale (back to starting position).
- Focus on the breath itself (not on the movement of your hand). The hand follows the breath. The length of each action is set by the length of each breathing action (inhale/exhale).
- Breath and movement begin and end together.
- How did your breath feel like?
- Did you notice any other reflects / movements / sensations in your body?
* Breath and movement were not fully synchronized. Breath felt inhibited.
- In general while doing these exercises try to only observe. After an exercise you can write down how you felt, or simply think about it. Dont try again with an intention to correct. Instead you try another day. Learn about your movement, realise how it is related with your inner intention and mode.
1. Body: explore rotation in different parts of your body, in your neck, shoulders, spine, arms, legs, pelvis and more. Try to expand the amount of rotation and reach your maximum (in a gradual and daily process).
2. Hands: rotate wrists, elbows. shoulders, whole hand.
3. Instrument/Viola: right hand wrist - rotation with bow.
1. Start by rotating the wrist alone.
2. Rotate while holding small objects (such as a pencil).
3. Rotate wrist while holding the bow (without Viola
4. Same movement with the Viola.
3. Rotation spine:
1. down bow - rotate to the left (repeat).
2. up bow - rotate to the right (repeat).
3. down-up, speed gradually.
Try to give something to someone. Imagine what you would like to give to this person or people. Listen to them.