Breath (body) - (see Practice #1 for technical instructions)
Inhale: send the air all around your body so it reaches every corner and end. Make sure you dont focus only on the upper part.
(own conclusions) *Exhale: focus was too much on thought and not enough on the breath itself.
*Palms were more open.
Breath (Instrumental/Viola) - (see Practice #1 for technical instructions)
1. Inhale: left hand moving towards the instrument (3rd finger towards A string).
2. Exhale: 3rd finger making Vibrato on A string.
*Breath through nose: something Im not used to, felt like too little air.
3. Inhale: left hand moving away from the instrument returning back to starting position.
* Everything felt too short; Breath was in sync with hand movement; I Felt pain, like a string stretching in the back of my neck, going downwards.
Instrumental meditation - left hand, 3rd finger on Viola.
In 'Instrumental meditation' you meditate while holding your instrument in any playing position you choose (recommended in a comfortable one). You meditate the same as you would without the instrument. Meditate while focusing on your own body, scanning and drewing each part of it with your mind. Traveling through your body and feeling the existence of each and every cell and partial.
I usually choose to focus on one of my body parts which is involved in the playing action. For example - from the shoulder to the tips of the fingers; the neck; palm, etc.
Whichever part/s you choose, try to give equal attention to all body parts; it can be difficult, however this practice is not about succeeding but about the process itself.
* Focus was going back-fourth; it is difficult to stay committed to the moment; Left hand - the skin feels softer than right after the meditation; I let go of holding. I held the Viola very strong, the neck and chin held it; Legs - my fit were rooted very deep towards the ground, using very strong, heavy weight; The thought is going away and I bring it back; In one moment, around the nail of the thumb, I managed to really be there; To not get mad at the thought for going away, simply bring it back; Meditated from the elbow upwards towards the finger tips.
Topic: Body fundamentals
together with Efforts and Rotation
1) Creating a movement phrase using Core-distal, Direct Space & Sus. Time.
2) Adding Rotation.
The same as body, improvise with.
| || || |